A lot of time has passed but we are still stuck in Thai burocracy. A local guy in the village refuses to stick to the law for years now. We went there for an explanation but did not get one. He also keeps making new rules we should stick too

At the same time, we are trying to combine our plots of land into one with the top paper rights (Chanotte) and although everybody assures us all is fine, they combined it with some other changes between the forest department and the natural park department. That seems to drag on and on. We were already in touch with the officers in Chiang Mai but now also Bangkok needs to do research. They feel a little heat and did ask us to call back end of this month. In short, no progress yet despite calling and visiting so many times. It’s frustrating but let’s make it an exercise in patience. Not the best example for Thailand but fair to say the most people try to do their best and try to explain what takes so long. Now it just needs this one village head to obey the laws….

Last year November we were already setting out the foundation but had to cancel again. Let’s hope we can start at the end of this years

In December we thought the building permit would be there soon....
We started measuring the foundation of the house. Interesting because the whole design was based on a map we got earlier and turned out to be larger than it was for real. So the house did not fit and we will need to shrink the design a bit. But we did not get the permit so we will have to do it again.

Interesting process with nails with pieces of plastic as markers. You pay by marker and we have a lot of foundation poles...

Finally a little good news: Golf and team have been making our electricity and sanitary designs and delivered the first version.
It took 1.5 year but we are glad we get some motion forward.

At the same time we got a quote for the 'raw' build, meaning foundation, roof and walls, which will already eat our total budget it seems. Hopefully we can still add windows and have something we can camp in. We gave it a go for November.

Unfortunately de building permit is still on the desk of the Moo Baan head who refuses to sign for more than a year now but also does not give us a reason so we can appeal. Contacts and family, other local people all tried to get the man in motion but so far no luck. I guess anyone can guess what he is trying.  Hopefully we can still get it done before November and there is a small chance he might change position after the local elections.

Our Chanotte (Land ownership papers) was also a crazy story:

Land office did their work (nice people) and send it to the forest administration and never got anything back. By accident my niece got her first date and that guy happened to be the son of the previous head of that administration. They went in to ask around and found our papers buried under a pile of other papers. They took it out, put it on top and got the promise someone would look at it the next day. After calling they said it was send to the wrong office and needed to go to the office of nature?? parks. (We are basically in it but did already those checks before.) It has been on the pile for at least half a year...

Anyway it seemed moved agency and probably another pile of paper. The worrying part is that it has to go back to the forest department and then land office again. They said it could take a year, if we would not have interfered that could have been easily 3 years or more...

We will suggest our niece to find a new boyfriend with connections to the other office 🙂

Another surprise was that our local water pipe system with free water from the mountains, turned out not to be so stable with the dry season getting more serious by the year. Now we need to drill a well but for this we need a new permit from the same guy not willing to sign our building permit. What a joy. The well will affect our sanitary drawings but can only be done later, close or at the same time as we are building. Going to be exciting times in many ways this year.

We are also still waiting for a quote from the windowframe manufacturers, when we get that we can assemble it with the other designs and make a final plan voor November.

More, much more to follow!

We finally got news that our building permit is available in the first week of April. We are getting closer to our start of building, now planned for November.

The Land Office did a land survey and placed 'official' land markers on our property. Hopefully this will lead to an offical 'Chanotte' paper.
One more important step done.

Sinds there is a 'witch' hunt going on for people building in nature areas, encroaching forest areas, we went to the land office to check if we are OK.
Everything seemed just ok but just. So we are now aiming for the highest level of ownership papers "Chanotte" and hope they will not destroy our house.

At the same time a building permit has been filled and almost completed and we are planning the buiid in November 2018.

We are now waiting for the quotes to see if we can affort it 🙂
Everything is coming together now in a nice way!

The picture is from our 'flower wall' of trees.

We just received some drone shots from our property and it makes it easier to understand and see our location:


We want a lot more trees on our land to give shade in the hot season so we went to Mae On for some research:


Google made an update to their satellite images in Google maps. Now clearly showing our fresh earth fill:(under the blue marker



Google has renewed the sattelite image, it now includes our green land and the neighbourse buildings. It must be less than a year old . Bit higher resolution too.

Our co-ordinates: 18.777922, 98.860043

Link: https://goo.gl/maps/py6SGRMGZnq




And just a few weeks later we need more help......